The following “Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities” statement and the “Patient Grievance” statement will be posted in the clinic’s lobby.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
Your Rights as a Patient:
- You have the right to the appropriate medical treatment as available and medically indicated.
- You have the right to considerate, respectful care.
- You have the right to privacy concerning your treatment and to confidentiality regarding the records of your medical care.
- You have the right to discuss your illness and its treatment with your health care provider.
- You have the right to participate in decisions involving your health care.
- You have the right to refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law.
- You have the right to examine any costs associated with your visit.
- You have the right to know what clinic rules apply to you and the right to share in your health care program.
- You have the right to file a grievance if not satisfied with the services you receive.
- You have the right to receive care regardless of race, color, or national origin.
Your Responsibilities as a Patient:
- You have the responsibility to provide accurate and complete information as possible about past and present illness and medication.
- You have the responsibility to follow the treatment plan for your care.
- You are responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow your health care provider’s instructions.
- You may have the responsibility to provide payment for some of the costs associated with your visit.
- You are responsible for consideration and respect of other patients, Health Now! Clinic personnel, and property.
If you feel that you have been treated unfairly or if you are not satisfied with the services you have received, please ask to speak with the Business Manager, or write your name, address, telephone number, and complaint on a card or patient questionnaire and leave it at the reception desk.. The Business Manager will follow up.